The Power of Having a Setback....

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hiya,

I recently experienced a setback in my life that has touched me quite profoundly. I had set my heart on a certain goal which now will not be realised in the way I would have liked. Not that this particular goal cannot be still be accomplished, but not by my prefered route. Yes you are right of course, I was too attached to the how of the goal. What can I say, except that I live and learn!

Sometimes a setback is the best thing that can happen to you. Setbacks are there to help you reconsider your direction and re-evaluate what is important to you in your life. Sometimes setbacks come as an antidote to living someone elses dream. Sometimes they come to help us let go of a situation or person. Sometimes they come to motivate is in a new way. Many people who have faced near death experiences have reported that after the event they felt called to do something different with their lives.

There is a power in success and a power in what we consider a setback. In NLP there is a wise saying that there is no such thing as failure, there is only feedback. Feedback is information that you receive from the world in response to your purposeful action. Feedback can help you adjust your future course of action. Feedback can help you adjust the direction or thrust of your action. So you see a setback can be worth its weight in gold.

Blessings
Steve Nobel
www.stevenobel.com
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home